(by Paolo Biamonte).
Last year the popular Sanremo
song contest was a "fruit salad", while this year it will be a
"mosaic", presenter Carlo Conti said on Monday.
"The second time is more difficult," said Conti, who will
be presenting Sanremo for the second consecutive year at the
Ariston theatre in the Ligurian coastal town next February.
This time round the artistic director is expected to remain
faithful to his ability to reach the widest possible audience,
while giving more attention to the new generation and also
welcoming important celebrities back to the Sanremo stage.
These include Patty Pravo, who will celebrate 50 years of
her career at the Ariston, Enrico Ruggeri and the group Stadio.
However, the reappearance destined to attract greatest
media attention is that of Morgan and his rock band Bluvertigo.
The singer-songwriter was excluded from Sanremo amid
controversy in 2010 after he allegedly said in an interview that
he made use of crack cocaine.
There is a clear intention of focusing on the new wave of
Italian musical production, with the duo Deborah Iurato and
Giovanni Caccamo (winner last year of the section New
Proposals), sure talents such as Lorenzo Fragola, Annalis and
Francesca Michielin, the wager on Alessio Bernabei, former Dear
Jack singer who has just begun a solo career and, in a move
worthy of the best television, will compete against his former
bandmates at Sanremo.
The festival also makes a dutiful nod to the world of hip
hop with appearances by Rocco Hunt and Clementino, one of the
most interesting personalities on the Italian rap scene.
Noemi and Arisa will appear alongside ZeroAssoluto, with
Arisa returning after her appearance as co-presenter in the 2015
contest.
Neffa, Irene Fornaciari, Valerio Scanu and Dolcenera all
belong to the category of artists looking to relaunch their
careers, while Elio e le Storie Tese will, as always, leave
their mark of intelligence and originality on the festival.
The desire to create a cast that best represents Italian
music is clear, and the ingredients are all there: from rock to
hip hop, with contributions from singer-songwriters, historic
names and the recognised interpreters of the new pop.
Of course it will be necessary to listen to the songs in
order to judge.
In an attempt to repeat last year's success Carlo Conti has
already announced a guest: actor and director Leonardo
Pieraccioni, one of his long-standing friends.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA