Italian Carlo Ancelotti is to remain
at the helm of Real Madrid until June 30, 2026, the Spanish club
said in a statement on Friday.
His coaching contract had been due to expire at the end of the
2023/2024 season.
In July the Brazilian soccer federation said that the former
Juventus, Milan, Chelsea and Bayern boss would take over as
Brazil coach after his contract with Real Madrid expires.
However, Ancelotti himself never commented on the news.
The 64-year-old is one of the greatest football managers of all
time, having lifted the Champions League four times, twice with
AC Milan and twice with Madrid.
The former midfielder has also won the national league titles in
Italy, Spain, England, France and Germany.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA