/ricerca/ansait/search.shtml?tag=
Show less

Se hai scelto di non accettare i cookie di profilazione e tracciamento, puoi aderire all’abbonamento "Consentless" a un costo molto accessibile, oppure scegliere un altro abbonamento per accedere ad ANSA.it.

Ti invitiamo a leggere le Condizioni Generali di Servizio, la Cookie Policy e l'Informativa Privacy.

Puoi leggere tutti i titoli di ANSA.it
e 10 contenuti ogni 30 giorni
a €16,99/anno

  • Servizio equivalente a quello accessibile prestando il consenso ai cookie di profilazione pubblicitaria e tracciamento
  • Durata annuale (senza rinnovo automatico)
  • Un pop-up ti avvertirà che hai raggiunto i contenuti consentiti in 30 giorni (potrai continuare a vedere tutti i titoli del sito, ma per aprire altri contenuti dovrai attendere il successivo periodo di 30 giorni)
  • Pubblicità presente ma non profilata o gestibile mediante il pannello delle preferenze
  • Iscrizione alle Newsletter tematiche curate dalle redazioni ANSA.


Per accedere senza limiti a tutti i contenuti di ANSA.it

Scegli il piano di abbonamento più adatto alle tue esigenze.

EU chief says ready to respond to new US tariffs

EU chief says ready to respond to new US tariffs

But open to talks

SAMARKAND, 03 aprile 2025, 09:37

Redazione ANSA

ANSACheck
© ANSA/EPA

© ANSA/EPA

The EU is ready to respond to sweeping new US tariffs, the bloc's chief Ursula von der Leyen warned Thursday, but urged US President Donald Trump to address his concerns through dialogue. "I deeply regret this choice," von der Leyen said. "There seems to be no order in the disorder.
    No clear path through the complexity and chaos that is being created as all US trading partners are hit." She added that the EU was "prepared to respond". "We are now preparing for further countermeasures to protect our interests and our businesses if negotiations fail," von der Leyen said. Trump unveiled particularly stinging tariffs Wednesday on major trade partners China and the European Union on what he called "Liberation Day".
    The figure for the EU was 20 percent, and comes after Trump had previously slapped tariffs on steel and aluminium imports as well as cars and auto parts. The bloc has, however, pushed strongly to resolve Trump's trade concerns through dialogue, and von der Leyen left the door open again Thursday. "There is an alternative path. It is not too late to address concerns through negotiations," she said. Von der Leyen made her comments in English, French and German in a video address from Uzbekistan where she will attend the EU-Central Asia summit this week. Von der Leyen said the new tariffs would hurt consumers around the world.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

Not to be missed

Condividi

Or use

ANSA Corporate

If it is news,
it is an ANSA.

We have been collecting, publishing and distributing journalistic information since 1945 with offices in Italy and around the world. Learn more about our services.