/ricerca/ansaen/search.shtml?any=
Show less

Se hai scelto di non accettare i cookie di profilazione e tracciamento, puoi aderire all’abbonamento "Consentless" a un costo molto accessibile, oppure scegliere un altro abbonamento per accedere ad ANSA.it.

Ti invitiamo a leggere le Condizioni Generali di Servizio, la Cookie Policy e l'Informativa Privacy.

Puoi leggere tutti i titoli di ANSA.it
e 10 contenuti ogni 30 giorni
a €16,99/anno

  • Servizio equivalente a quello accessibile prestando il consenso ai cookie di profilazione pubblicitaria e tracciamento
  • Durata annuale (senza rinnovo automatico)
  • Un pop-up ti avvertirà che hai raggiunto i contenuti consentiti in 30 giorni (potrai continuare a vedere tutti i titoli del sito, ma per aprire altri contenuti dovrai attendere il successivo periodo di 30 giorni)
  • Pubblicità presente ma non profilata o gestibile mediante il pannello delle preferenze
  • Iscrizione alle Newsletter tematiche curate dalle redazioni ANSA.


Per accedere senza limiti a tutti i contenuti di ANSA.it

Scegli il piano di abbonamento più adatto alle tue esigenze.

Seven probed in child's death on operating table

Seven probed in child's death on operating table

Two surgeons, anesthetist and four others named at Rome clinic

Rome, 31 March 2014, 16:02

ANSA Editorial

ANSACheck

Prosecutors are investigating a seven-member surgical team on allegations of involuntary manslaughter in the case of a 10-year-old girl who died Saturday on the operating table, judicial sources said Monday.
    Giovanna lost her life at a private Rome clinic during what doctors reportedly told her parents would be a routine operation to reconstruct her right eardrum, which had suffered lesions due to repeated infection. Prosecutors are investigating two ear, nose and throat specialists, an anesthetist, and four other medical personnel present during surgery.
    An autopsy was scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of death.
    Carabinieri military police seized all relevant documentation at the Villa Mafalda clinic, which offers specialized diagnostics, surgery, and obstetrics.
    "How can my daughter be dead because of a banal ear operation?" said the girl's father.
    The clinic defended the doctors.
    "Our doctors fought a long time to save the child's life.
    Our trust in their judgment is indisputable," the clinic said. Villa Mafalda has been under the spotlight before. Prosecutors last year placed four of its medical staff, including a cardiologist and an anesthetist, under investigation for involuntary manslaughter after writer Alberto Bevilacqua died there on September 9. The 79-year-old novelist and filmmaker had been admitted to the clinic eleven months earlier with heart problems.
   

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA

Not to be missed

Share

Or use

ANSA Corporate

If it is news,
it is an ANSA.

We have been collecting, publishing and distributing journalistic information since 1945 with offices in Italy and around the world. Learn more about our services.