The presence of Poste Italiane at
local level has remained unchanged under the current board of
directors, CEO Matteo Del Fante said Wednesday.
"Since this board of directors took office in 2017, our presence
across the territory has remained intact: we still have 13,000
post offices," Del Fante told the Lower House Transport
Committee during a hearing on the planned part-privatisation of
the company. "Last year, we have delivered 256 million parcels
using a fleet of 30,000 vehicles.
"We currently have 30 million payment cards issued and we manage
Italians' savings to a value of 580 billion euro," he continued.
"Again in 2023, in the insurance sector we took18 billion euro
gross. "We are the number one digital identity provider under
the Public Didital Identity System (Spid)," said Del Fante.
"Our direct and indirect impact in the period 2018-2023 can be
quantified at 65 billion euro, through our purchasing and
investment activity, but also through the salaries that the
company pays," he added.
Under the part-privatisation plan the state is to retain control
of Poste Italiane, with a stake of no less than 35%.
The economy ministry currently holds a 29.26% stake in the
company, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti 35% and the treasury 0.82%,
to a total of just over 65%
The ministry has said the operation "may be carried out, also in
several stages, through single and/or joint recourse to a public
offer addressed to the public of savers in Italy, including the
employees of the Poste Italiane group, and/or to Italian and
international institutional investors, or through placement on
the market, also through accelerated sale modalities or through
block sale".
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA